See you later, daddy

Early Friday morning, Nov. 4, I received a call that my daddy had gone to be with Jesus.

Obviously, my emotions have been going crazy.  I should have spent more time with him, I wish Alyssa had made those butterscotch cupcakes for him sooner, etc.  I guess no matter when it happened, we will always have those regrets.

He called me Thursday night.  We chatted about how busy I've been, etc.  I told him I missed him and that we had to get together soon.  My last words to him were, "I love you."  At least I can feel peace about that.

I will never again get to tease him about being old, fight with him about his psycho cat, watch sci-fi movies with him, get annoyed when he gets onto us about texting too much, or discuss traditional vs modern music in church. I will never again get to eat his homemade ice cream, gang up on him with my stepmom, or get a daddy hug.

I know he's with Jesus.  I know his legs don't hurt anymore.  I know he's happy and at peace.  I am thankful for that.

But I miss my daddy.

Comments

  1. I am so glad you had those final words of I love you! Sending you hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. My head is jacked up at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Weird Kid

Unpacking a Verse: Isaiah 49:23b

A Fairy Tale Life...