New Way of Thinking

Sometimes I don't write for weeks at a time.  Then sometimes I post two in one day.  I'm unpredictible like that.

So I was talking to a friend on Facebook the other day.  She said something pretty profound that has been making me think a lot.  I tend to think way too much, so this isn't a newsflash...but anyway...

She told me she once read a book by a Catholic author I'm not sure of...but he outlined something that changed my friend's life.  He said to maximize our potential we must feed 4 areas daily: spiritual, physical, intellectual, and relational.  Each area is just as important as the others. 

My mind was already overcomplicating things, but my friend stressed the importance of keeping it simple.  She even has a backup plan for those days she's just too tired.  If she planned to read her Bible she has the backup of listening to a devotional podcast.  One day relational may be as simple as an encouraging text.  The point is to plan these areas and be intentional about it. 
I love this and am trying to implement it.  Physical is the hardest right now with my bad ankle, but that's an excuse.  I'm working on it!  I will try to write another day about my progress.  Prayers are appreciated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Weird Kid

A Fairy Tale Life...

Unpacking a Verse: Isaiah 49:23b